– To sign up fill out the following registration form: K-5 Registration Form
– Registration Deadline January 7th
– Scholarship Application Deadline January 6th
– Directors: Samantha Hecker, Kate Drummond, and Tara Kaine
This year’s K-5 play will be a double bill! This means there are many exciting roles for beginners and strong actors alike!
We are trying out a new format. Because all students who register will be given parts, we are going to fold auditions in to the rehearsal process. All students registered should come to our first rehearsal on January 11th. More information will be shared at the info night on January 4th @ 6:00pm in the auditorium.
Our main play: “Putting on Romeo and Juliet” was developed by our 2015 play-writing class last spring. It is a hilarious parody honoring the creative chaos we all love about putting on a play, with many silly and fun characters every young actor will find a role to spark their imagination!
Our second play is called “House of Cards” it is a thoughtful play that deals with the negative effects of cliques and power dynamics in schools.
March 24th @ 7pm, 25th @ 9am & 7pm, and 26th @ 2pm.
Sign up for the time commitment that works for you –
– Just For Fun 3:15 – 4:15 PM once a week until TECH (M,W, OR F)
– Medium 3:15 – 5:15 PM once a week until TECH (M,W, OR F)
– Serious 3:15 – 5:15 PM between one and three times a week until TECH (M,W, AND/OR F)
– Crew will be called once a week on a day TBA which is dependent on availability of parent volunteers between 3:15 – 4:00 or 5:15 PM (until TECH )
*We will do our best to accommodate your regular weekly conflicts until TECH & we will set a regular weekly schedule so you know in advance when you child is called.
First week of rehearsals:
(This first week is a little different because we will be casting and deciding roles.)
– Gr. K- 2
Monday, Jan. 11th 3:15 – 4:00pm
Friday, Jan 15th (JFF 3:15 – 4:00pm, M 3:15 – 4:30pm, Other 3:15 – 5:00pm)
– Gr.3 – 5
Monday, Jan. 11th 3:15 – 5:00pm
Wednesday, Jan 13th If your child is in 3 – 5th grade this is their schedule:
– Monday, Jan. 11th 3:15 – 5:00pm
– Wednesday, Jan 13th (JFF 1:15 – 2:00pm, M 1:15 – 2:30pm, Serious 1:15 3:00pm)
– CREW (Gr. 3 – 5)
Monday, Jan 11th 3:15 – 5:00pm
Regular Rehearsals: Jan 20th – March 11
***This will take effect after the first week of rehearsals when we will be assigning roles.
Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday (depending on your schedule, and your availability your child will be called between 1 and 3 regular days a week).
– We will do our best to accommodate regular weekly conflicts if your child is in another after-school activity
(i.e. if you child has a music class on Monday we will call them to rehearsals on Wednesday and/or Friday).
– We will commit to a regular weekly rehearsal schedule for your child (i.e. they will always be called until Wednesday).
– We do ask you clear your students’ schedule for the last two weeks before the show, our TECH weeks: March 14th – 23rd, and the shows March 24th, 25th, and 26th.
We need all actors to be available for full runs of the show.
To sign up fill out the following registration form:
K-5 Registration Form
Registration is $150, scholarships might be available. Make cheque out to FOSB (make note on the memo line “After School Drama K5 & your child’s name). Please put check in the drama committee mail box in the main office.