All grade levels at Salmon Bay K-8 have the opportunity to experience class in an outdoor setting through our camp experience.
Elementary students go to camp in the spring. These experiences generally have a science and natural history theme and are a highlight for many of our students.
- Kindergarten: day camp at Camp Long
- 1st grade: 1 night at Camp Indianola
- 2nd grade: 1 night at Camp Indianola
- 3rd grade: 2 nights at Camp Colman
- 4th grade: 2 nights at Camp Seymour
- 5th grade: 3 nights at IslandWood
Middle School Camp
Our 6th grade students attend camp at the beginning of the school year to focus on community building and teamwork. With half of our 6th grade students coming from other elementary schools, fall camp is a great opportunity to get to know each other and build connections for the year ahead. Our 7th and 8th grade students attend camp in the spring.
- 6th grade: 2 nights at Camp Orkila
- 7th grade: 2 nights at NatureBridge
- 8th grade: 3 nights at Camp Orkila
Paying for Camp
Elementary camp fees vary by grade and will be collected in the spring. If you would like to pay in advance, you are welcome to do so. You have two options for paying the elementary camp fee:
- To pay online using a credit/debit card, log in to The Source to access SchoolPay, our new online payment system. (Learn more about SchoolPay.)
- To pay by check, make it payable to FOSB and bring it to the volunteer coordinator’s office (across the front lobby from the school office).
Middle school camp payment info coming soon!
No students miss out on opportunities to attend camp due to financial circumstances. If you would like to request a scholarship, contact Jodi Russell, Volunteer Coordinator.