All grade levels at Salmon Bay K-8 have the opportunity to experience education in an outdoor setting through our camp experience.
Elementary students go to camp in the spring. These experiences generally have a science and natural history theme and are a highlight of the year for many of our students.
- Kindergarten: day camp at Camp Long
- 1st grade: 1 night at Camp Indianola
- 2nd grade: 1 night at Camp Indianola
- 3rd grade: 2 nights at Camp Colman (in 2023, 3rd graders will spend 1 night at Camp Indianola)
- 4th grade: 2 nights at Camp Seymour
- 5th grade: 3 nights at IslandWood
Middle School Camp
Our 6th grade students attend camp at the beginning of the school year to focus on community building and teamwork. With half of our 6th grade students coming from other elementary schools, fall camp is a great opportunity to get to know each other and build connections for the year ahead.
Our 7th and 8th grade students start the year with Fall Connection Days, and then attend camp in the spring.
- 6th grade: 2 nights at Camp Orkila
- 7th grade: 2 nights at NatureBridge
- 8th grade: 3 nights at Camp Orkila
No students miss out on opportunities to attend camp due to financial circumstances. FOSB helps to fund camp scholarships. If you would like to request a scholarship, contact the volunteer coordinator.
Paying for Camp
Camp fees vary by grade and can be paid via SchoolPay. Just log into your student’s Source account. (Learn more about SchoolPay.)