Our monthly meetings focus on planning and implementing the various activities FOSB supports, and provide an opportunity for school administration, teachers and our volunteer coordinator to provide updates.
Each May, the FOSB meeting expands also includes planning for the next school year, electing officers and directors, and voting on the budget.
Date: Second Thursday of the month, September through May*
Time: 7 to 8 p.m.
Place: Salmon Bay library, 2nd floor
Free childcare is provided during most FOSB meetings at our school’s onsite child care provider, Salmon Bay Boys & Girls Club (aka Coho). Check the Weekly Bulletin to confirm availability. Children must be toilet trained.
*Meeting dates, times and locations may vary and will be communicated in the Weekly Bulletin.
All FOSB meeting minutes are filed by school year. For archived minutes, please contact us.
FOSB Meeting Norms
Before the meeting:
- Read the agenda so that things are less likely to surprise you.
- Review accompanying documents so you are prepared to participate.
- Participate in agenda development if you have news to share.
During the meeting: We ask Salmon Bay students to be safe, kind, and responsible. As role models in this community, we ask the same of ourselves. At FOSB meetings, we aspire to:
- Speak respectfully to each other as we engage in constructive, honest discussions.
- Maintain a focus on student benefit.
- Listen to understand other’s ideas, not to contradict them.
- Share our experience and expertise to help create workable solutions.
- Honor time by communicating clearly and working efficiently and effectively.
- Trust and respect that the Co-Chairs will make appropriate choices about how much time to spend on a given topic.