FOSB relies heavily on volunteers throughout the year to help with our school’s many events and activities. Here’s just a sampling of things that need your support:
- Middle School Camp
- Pizza on the Playground
- Halloween Parade
- Middle School Dance
- Book Fair (at UW Bookstore)
- Direct Giving Campaign
- Annual Auction
- Book Fair (at Salmon Bay)
- Science Fair
- Social Justice Week
- Art Walk/Multicultural Potluck
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Elementary Camp
- Field Day
- Winter Enrichment Program (WEP)
- Lantern Festival
- School Tours
- Pi Night
If you have a particular interest or passion, we have a place for you to share your time and talents. Please contact our school’s volunteer coordinator, Jodi Russell, for more information.
How to Volunteer
If you want to volunteer in the classroom or in any way that requires direct contact with students, you must complete the Seattle Public Schools (SPS) Volunteer Application process:
- Complete the online SPS Volunteer Application. (If you intend to chaperone or drive students to a field trip or camp, additional forms are required.)
- Complete the Adult Sexual Misconduct Prevention online course.
- Read the Volunteer Handbook (available in multiple languages).
Submit your Volunteer Application and all required documents at least two weeks before your expected volunteer service start date.
Once you are approved as a volunteer in the online system, your application materials will stay active for as long as you volunteer with any SPS school. (In other words, no more annual volunteer paperwork!)