FOSB’s fundraising helps close the rather large gap between the programming that is funded by the school district and the programming we want our students to have. And the way we do this is pretty unique to Salmon Bay School: We ask adults, not students, to fundraise. Our students never have to sell wrapping paper, popcorn, cookie dough, or anything else to friends and neighbors.
We generate most of our annual income through two major fundraisers:
The money we raise in the fall Direct Giving campaign is typically used within that same school year. The money we raise in the spring Annual Auction is used in the following school year.
Here are some of the things that FOSB’s fundraising has helped to support:
- Partial funding for staff positions not fully funded by the school district
- Friday Sing for elementary students
- Scholarships for field trips, camp, and Winter Enrichment Program activities
- Playground equipment
- PE equipment
- Classroom supplies and equipment
- Extra planning time for teachers
- Teacher mini-grants
- Art, music and drama supplies
- Yearbook for every elementary and middle school student
- Technology fixes and upgrades
- Parent education presentations
- and much more!
You can learn more about how FOSB’s fundraising supports Salmon Bay School by looking at our budget.
We also supplement our earnings through the following activities:
- Smaller fundraisers like book fairs and Rock for FOSB
- Everyday ways to give (aka Shop for FOSB)
- Sales of school spirit merchandise, such as Salmon Bay School t-shirts and sweatshirts
- We hit our Direct Giving goal!
- Double your Direct Giving donation!
- FOSB’s Direct Giving campaign has launched!
- Support Salmon Bay with your back-to-school shopping
- Last chance to submit your Ballard Market receipts!
- Register now for our auction!
- Fall Direct Giving Campaign Has Launched!
- Donate to our 2019 Direct Giving Campaign by 12/31
- Get Your Tickets Now!
- The Future Is Coming