Here’s our progress to date:
Goal: Raise $75,000
Goal: 100% of families participating
Each fall, we invite Salmon Bay families to participate in our Direct Giving campaign, one of FOSB’s largest fundraisers of the year. Instead of asking you and yours to buy cookie dough, wrapping paper, or popcorn, we ask you to contribute directly to our efforts to support Salmon Bay School.
A donation in any amount is appreciated. With rising costs and the much-anticipated return of many of our signature programs and events this year, we need your help more than ever.
How to donate:
- Donate online!
(Please note: This website is used for both Direct Giving and our annual auction. If you visit the site and see auction content, our Direct Giving campaign has ended for the year.)
- Donate by check: Write a check payable to FOSB, put “Direct Giving” in the memo line, and deliver it to the school office, or mail it to FOSB Direct Giving, c/o Salmon Bay School, 1810 NW 65th St, Seattle WA 98117.
How to make your donation go even further:
- Ask your friends and family to donate: Send the donation link to others you think would be willing to support education at our school, in exchange for not having to buy any tubs of cookie dough.
- Ask your employer to match your gift: If your employer matches charitable donations, it can double, triple, or even quadruple your contribution! Just follow your company’s process for requesting a matching gift. Contact your human resources department to learn more.
- Some of the companies that have contributed to Direct Giving this year through a matching gift program: Google, Gates Foundation, F5, GitHub, Pfizer, Publicis, RELX Inc, T-Mobile, Microsoft.
- Not sure if your employer matches gifts? Check the UW’s search engine.
- Need help with employer matching? Contact our bookkeeper, Jerri Harden.
Donations to Friends of Salmon Bay are tax-deductible. FOSB’s tax ID is 91-1622350.
Where your donation goes:
FOSB works with Salmon Bay School leadership to close the ever-expanding gap between the programming that is funded by the school district and the support our students need. Your contribution to the Direct Giving campaign will be used during this school year! With your help, FOSB funds:
- Community-building activities for students and families throughout the school year
- Committee work that fosters diversity, inclusion and education within our school community
- A generous annual grant to Salmon Bay school that helps to close the gap in funding between what the district provides and what it costs to staff the school, purchase supplies and enhance curriculum
- Scholarships to ensure that every student has access to our school’s unique programs such as WEP (Winter Enrichment Program), camps for every grade level, and co-curricular field trips that extend classroom learning
- A yearbook for every student
- Complimentary staff tickets for our annual auction
- And so much more!
Learn more about how FOSB fundraising supports Salmon Bay School.