FOSB’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Committee aims to promote and foster an environment that is respectful and affirming of all students, families, and staff, and reflects our commitment to issues of racial and social justice, acceptance, and tolerance.
We empower our parents, staff, and students with tools, resources, encouragement, and guidance necessary to support an all inclusive community by incorporating diversity into our everyday lives.
Activities and Initiatives
- Supporting teachers and families in learning opportunities and supplementary materials
- Diversity lending library cart in the school lobby
- EDI Book Club
- Social Justice Week
- Multicultural Potluck
- and more!
New members are always welcome! Members can participate by coming to committee meetings and/or helping to plan events that align with our social justice mission. Meetings are generally the first Mondays of the month at 9:15 a.m. Please watch for updates in the Weekly Bulletin or email the EDI Committee for more information.
- Join us May 26! Pies on the Playground + Annual FOSB Meeting
- FOSB Resolution of Anti-Racism Commitment
- Notes from Sharon H Chang event
- Social Justice Week 2018
- Diversity Committee Community Calendar – March 2018
- Diversity Committee Community Calendar – February 2018
- Salmon Bay Multicultural Potluck January 29th