Come join the Salmon Bay community for Veraci pizza at the playground.
When: Friday, September 30th (5:30p-7:30p)
Where: Salmon Bay Playground
What: Pizza will be $3.00 a slice (suggested donation) and FOSB will provide water and dessert
Why: To have fun and build our community
Please drop by for some pie and get to know the parents and children of Salmon Bay a little more.
Welcome to the New School Year
School has started and we are already planning for a year of connecting and learning! Join us for our first FOSB event on Friday, September 30th – our Playground Pizza and Dessert Social. Leave the cooking to Veraci pizza and the desert to FOSB! Kids can play (or just hang out on the upper field) while you get to know your fellow Salmon Bay parents. Our first general meeting will be held Thursday, October 13th. Please come join us!
Here are some reasons to attend our meetings:
- Find out from teachers and administration what’s happening at Salmon Bay.
- Learn how you can help create the best experience for you child.
- Get to know parents who have been at Salmon Bay and benefit from their experience.
- Contribute your opinion, your voice counts!
Coming up this fall:
- Direct Giving Campaign
- Middle School Camps
- Halloween Parade
- Middle School Dance
- UW Book Fair
We really want to hear from you. If you have questions about FOSB or would like more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scott and Danielle
Beauty is in the eye of the ogre in Shrek The Musical JR., based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film and fantastic Broadway musical. It’s a “big bright beautiful world” as everyone’s favorite ogre, Shrek, leads a cast of fairytale misfits on an adventure to rescue a princess and find true acceptance. Part romance and part twisted fairy tale, Shrek JR. is an irreverently fun show with a powerful message for the whole family.
With abundant opportunities for imaginative sets and costumes, and a host of over-the-top roles for an expandable cast, there’s a part for everyone in this dazzling adventure story.
To register click here.
Registration Deadline – September 21st
Info Night – September 19th at 6pm in the Auditorium
– Learn more about the K-8 production process & ask questions
– Children are welcome to come along but not expected, the meeting is usually about 30 minutes.
Rehearsals – September 26th to November 14th.
– Rehearsals will run Monday to Friday, 3:15 to 5:30.
– Your child will be assigned between 1 and 5 regular rehearsal days.
* You will select the time commitment that fits your family.
– We aim to support students involvement in other activities.
* If you have a day when you cannot attend rehearsals let us know on your sign in form and we will do our best to accommodate.
– All students are expected to be available Monday – Friday, October 31st – November 14th.
For all the info on casting, and rehearsal schedule click here.
Shows – Tuesday, November 15th at 7pm; Wednesday, November 16th at 7pm; Thursday, November 17th at 1:30pm (School Show).
To register click here.
Teacher: Tara Kaine
Wednesday and Friday from 3:15 – 5:00pm
May 25th – June 17th (No class on May 27th – Memorial Day)
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 23rd
Scholarship Deadline: Friday, May 20th
This year’s K-5 Play – “Putting on Romeo and Juliet” was a huge hit! Do you want to help us write the 2017 K-5 Play? Join our writing collective and help us write another zany and fun filled play for next year. Learn to write a compelling scene, with a strong event, and intriguing character development while working with other writers to create a compelling play. The best part? See your work performed for the whole school on the Salmon Bay Stage in 2017!
Teacher: Laura Knote
Mondays from 3:15 – 5:00pm
April 25th – May 16th
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, April 20th.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Monday, April 18th
Come travel on a fantastical adventure to unknown worlds with the fantastic Laura Knote. Learn fundamental acting skills and build your confidence as a performer, while you play together and c0-create an imaginary world. This is an incredible class for experienced actors and first time performers a like. All the students practice leadership skills and working as an ensemble.
To register please click here and fill out the form.
Mark your calendars for Salmon Bay’s annual auction on Saturday, April 2nd at North Seattle Community College. The auction is our largest fundraiser of the year and the one evening we set aside to gather our entire community together to celebrate. RSVP Here.
We wanted to thank you for sharing your time and thoughts with us on the recent FOSB survey. The information we received was most useful and has already been put into action. Your input really does make a difference.
2016 retreat review action items
We had an amazing response to the survey, with over 270 people replying. We learned that most respondents think FOSB should keep on supporting staff. There’s a report of other findings on the website. Please take a look and let us know if you have any questions or ideas.
FOSB –Survey Report 2016
Information Night in the Auditorium – Feb 22nd 6:00pm (Optional)
Registration Deadline Feb 24th
Scholarship Application Deadline Feb 23rd
Rehearsals are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Feb 29th – March 25th 5:30pm – 7:30pm
March 28th – May 14th 3:15 – 5:15PM
Director Tara Kaine
*** When you register please fill out your availability carefully as we would like to create a regular weekly rehearsal plan based on the students needs and schedules.
Performances at 7:00PM May 12th & 13th
A play based on John Wyndham’s dystopia novel, a few thousand years in the future after a major apocalypse, a new society has taken over. The rules are very strict, and the punishment for disobeying is unthinkable. Fear of invasion from the terrifying outsiders and rebels that live outside of civilized societies keeps everyone following the rules. That is until a group of teens find they are unable to keep their terrible secret any longer.
Our rehearsals will be Monday Feb 29th & Friday March 4th
(No Wednesday the first week.)
– On Monday we will get to know each other and participate in an audition workshop – handing out audition materials.
– On Friday we will have our auditions.
Come join us on this exciting adventure!
– Fill out the registration form (by February 24th): Click Here
– Pay the $150 activity fee (by February 24th)
* Checks should be placed in the Drama Committee’s mail box in the main office.
*Please make all checks payable to FOSB
* Make a note on the memo line “After School Drama Middle School Play & your child’s name.”
– Scholarship Application Deadline Feb 23rd: Payment plans and partial scholarships may be available for those who need financial assistance. Scholarships are limited if they are available. Priority will be given to those who have not yet received a scholarship in this school year. After that decisions will be given on a first come first serve basis. We will not be able to extend more than one full membership per student per year.
*** TO APPLY REGISTRATION FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT BY FEB 23rd.
Class Cancelled Due to Low Enrollment.
If you have any questions – feel free to email sbafterschooldrama@gmail.